Volunteering at the Earl Scruggs Center
Volunteers are vital members of the Earl Scruggs Center team. Our goal is to provide rewarding experiences utilizing each individual’s time, talents and interests. Opportunities cover a wide range of skills, age groups, and schedules.
Explore volunteer opportunities and event at the Earl Scruggs Center below. Additional questions or comments about the Volunteer Program should be directed to the Volunteer Coordinator, Dylan Spivey at Dylan@earlscruggscenter.org
- Docent: Provide guided tours to visitors at predetermined times, serve as gallery hosts prepared to answer questions about the exhibits.
- Program Guide: Work with school groups or tour groups.
- Events: Assist with set up, break down and clean up. For example, an event volunteer may help with the Rhythm and Roots Run or with a wedding in our Great Hall.
- Collections Volunteer: Under the guidance of the Curator of Collections, these volunteers help to catalog, document, maintain and organize the county’s collection.
- Gallery Host: Staffs gallery to answer questions and assist visitors in the exhibits.